Monday, August 8, 2011

"Roses in My Mug"

6"x6", oil on gesso board

This week's DPW Challenge is to paint my mug.
I am surrounded by white roses in my neighborhood and I can't stay away from them. So roses in my big blue mug...

Recently, I am searching what I am inclined to paint and how I create the painting from them.
I have been painting under the art direction for 20 years in animation studios since I graduated from ACCD.
I don't have my favorite way of painting.
Each movie has a different artistic style and the artist has to paint what was required.

Now my heart is my art director.
One thing I know about my self is I like to have the spontaneity, some spirit and emotion in my painting. Also I like to go beyond just depicting how they look. 

This painting is available for purchase
.
Bid at DPW auction:
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Buy/Auctions
Or buy direct here:



3 comments:

Lorraine Shirkus said...

Love the thick juicy paint on both these flower paintings! I was tagged recently by Virginia Floyd to post 7 paintings for certain categories and had to pick 5 artists to do the same. I hope you don't mind, but I picked you. The best explanation is on Virginia's blog:
virginiafloydspaintingstudio.blogspot.com.

Linda Popple said...

Your last two rose paintings are really beautiful! I like seeing your brush strokes and your colors are rich and vibrant. Well done!

suzannepaints said...

Your comments are well-thought. I agree with your points. And this painting is lovely. Keep up the great work on your blog.