Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Mermaid



14"x18", oil on panel



I did this this oil painting one afternoon in December/2006 at ACCD painting workshop. This model was just like walked out of the painting of John William Waterhouse, one of my favorite artist. She just looked like a mermaid in the legend. I only had one session with her for this pose.
I am very happy with this painting. Misty background suggesting the forest and lagoon I created, the light hitting the front of figure......Every thing looks just right in this painting. It has fresh, sketch-like quality.
The spontaneity is one of the quality I pursuit all the time in my work. She was going back home to New York that weekend. I wish that she lives in LA, so I could paint her often.




John William Waterhouse
A Mermaid



John William Waterhouse
The Nymphs Study

2 comments:

Professor Howdy said...

Hello!
Very good posting.
Thank you - Have a good day!!!

MASHACO said...

My english isn´t very well, so I want to say just , really interesting your style, and your sensibility.

Visit my blogg

José